11.01.2010

The Big 2-7 | Birthday Time :)

So as everyone jokes, yes I was born on Devil's Night, the night before Halloween.  It seems that Michigan is the only state that celebrates that holiday....when I lived in Chicago everyone thought I made it up! I thought, why would I want to make a night up with that name, especially saying it was my birthday? 

Anyway, this birthday was a different, but good one.  I woke up Saturday morning and had to be at work at 9.  My awesome parents planned this whole thing out for me at Starbucks, everyone knows them there because they spend enough time there they should be paid for it. So they thought I would pop through the drive thru on the way to work and they had already paid for my drink and were going to have the staff sing me happy birthday!   Well, it just so happened I was exhausted and was running a little late so I just went straight to work. My parents brought me my drink anyway and told me their plan, I was super bummed but glad they could bring it and talk for a little. My first part of the day was super slow at work and then all of the sudden craziness happened. I rented 3 apartments that day, it has been super slow so we had only rented 2 all month! Even though it was crazy, it was worth working on my bday :) I got a phone call an hour before I was supposed to leave from edible arrangements! I guess they had try to stop by but I was on a tour, so a guy that was already off work came and brought it to me, from my parents again...did I ever tell you I have the best family ever?  So after work I had scheduled a shoot, I wasn't going to but I know it is going to start getting cold soon so I wanted to squeeze in as many as possible. From there I got home and was exhausted. People were going out for halloween, going to the movies (but lived kinda far from me) and I just couldn't get up off the couch. So I didn't...I guess that is when I felt old hah. Plus I had two shoots the next morning starting at 9am, so it isn't entirely the "old" thing, I am just a workaholic ;) When I came home from work I walked in the door to the most mouth watering smell, ROAST BEEF! My mom was making me my favorite dinner, and my mom is the best but this doesn't happen very often! ;) I had a nice dinner with the fam. To end the night my two cousins who are pretty much like sisters brought me some goodies...quick for chocolate milk, a quart of chocolate milk, a bag of reeces and a huge bin of puppy chow!  Not the actual puppy chow but chocolate/powdered sugar/peanut butter covered chex, best thing ever. So as you can see, chocolate is the way to my heart. 

It wasn't the most ideal birthday considering I worked all day but I got to be with my fam which is what is important to me. I did miss having my sister and Nick here but I got to see both of them in NY and had my trip of a lifetime with Nick not too long ago. I also found it funny that every single birthday wish was either on facebook, through text message or email and the only person that called me on the actual phone was my grandma! I must say that even though the new way is good for a lot of reasons, I like the old fashion way ;) 

For those of you who did wish me a happy birthday, it made my day that much better :) I am a very lucky girl to have such great friends and family. I had a good day at work and am doing what I love. I have a feeling 27 is going to be a great year :D

Happy Monday!



My cool flowers my mom got me! 


 Now I will be locked in my room the next 3 days getting caught up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)