8.20.2010

It is that time of the year!

Yesterday I asked my mom where my dad went, "to go get the popup" she says!!!!  You know what that means, camping in 2 days!!!!! Yes, it is that time of year, which unfortunately I missed last year because I couldn't leave Chicago.  My sister will be turning 30 while we are there so I have to bring a party to her, which will also be a huge treat ( maybe not for her though ;))  My uncle Pete is also able to go which I am so thankful that this is the year I will get to go :)  We go every year, my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We have been going every summer since I was little, of course the activities change a little bit as you get older but there is never a dull moment.  Me and my cousin Jaimie used to sit in the pond for hours catching frogs!  We would sit there and wait for their little eyes to pop up and SNAP they were in our hand, and then in our bucket, hehe.  One year, my sister's boyfriend at the time was DEATHLY afraid of frogs, which is very strange to me, they are so cute!  So me and Jaimie ( my cousin and partner in crime) decided to unleash them in his tent!  My sister was so mad she didn't talk to us the whole day but it was worth it!!!  We also have canoe trips and race each other!  One year I remember I was paired with one of my uncles and he said "I don't want Kathy on my team, she won't be a big help"!  Well I heard that and was about to prove him wrong, and I did!!!  I busted out my tiny little arms and pushed them so fast and we won, not against a couple canoes, but probably about 12.  Yes my family is BIG!  The other thing I love is sitting around the campfire, it is getting too small to fit all of us now but we manage.  We try to play some games of telephone, one the little kids always has to change it completely but it is always something interesting.  It is so great just relaxing and sitting around until the wee hours of the night getting yelled at by the park ranger to keep it down.  

Anyway, so about my night.  My dad brought home the popup camper and let me tell you I LOVE it.  My boyfriend once said, "so if someone told you, you could have a popup or a really nice brand new huge camper, you would pick the popup??".  And what did I say? ABSOLUTELY!  I love them, you unzip all the windows, read a book and feel the cool breeze. It is the perfect middle choice.  Tents are roughing it for me, ha.  Motor homes don't even feel like your camping, so yes the popup is the perfect choice:)  So last night I was finally able to relax, and me and my mom ordered takeout from one of my favorite restaurants, Salvatore's!  And of course I didn't forget my favorite drink, DR. PEPPER! So while my dad got the camper ready, me and my mom had a nice little meal in the sunroom :)  My sister comes home tomorrow and then we are off on Sunday to Port Austin! Can't wait to show you some pics from my trip, so you can see why I love it so much :)  Happy Friday!!!

Don't get too excited, this is my mom's Jeep.  One day I WILL have one though ;)


I was bored in the car waiting for my mom to get the takeout, and yes Purple is my favorite color and these are my fave earrings :)





YUMMY....

I drink this like water...


AHHH can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)