10.20.2010

Happy Birthday to Nick | Plus China and Thailand Pictures!

I am not sure if some of you already know this but here is the story of Nick and I. My Freshman year of college I was at a frat party, yup that's right! This was probably the only one I ever went to in College but good thing I did!  I went with my best friend Jill and of course we went unprepared...we didn't know anyone and didn't bring anything to drink! So this is what me and Jill would do when we needed help with something... let's pick out the person who looks the nicest and ask them for help.  We did this in Chicago too when we were stranded and when I told my mom I almost gave her a heart attack. ANYWAY, a tall nice looking guy was walking by us and that's when we pounced!  That nice guy happened to be Nick.  I felt bad for him at the time because me and Jill were very annoying and by the end of the night he was avoiding us like the plague. 

After that night, the next two years we would see Nick everywhere. We would see him when we went to the mall, when we were at the store and then my Junior year I was moving into my new apartment and I look over and guess who is our neighbor...NICK! I called up Jill and said "guess who is our neighbor!??! That kid we see everywhere!".  The story gets way weirder...then he was in my class. We started talking and became friends, would take each other to class sometimes but we were both dating other people at the time. One day we were on our way to class and he pulled out a picture he found when he was cleaning out his desk at the old frat house.  It was a picture of me, Jill, Nick and his old girlfriend at the party we met at...RANDOM! I always had a crush on Nick but the timing was always off and he isn't the smartest in that department ;)  Anyway, my senior year we started hanging out more and the rest is history. We have had our good and bad times but Nick is one of the greatest guys I have ever met. He is someone you can totally trust, no drama, down to earth and cares so much about his friends and family...and me! His 28th birthday is today and mine is in 10 days and we probably had the coolest birthday gift ever, we got to go to Thailand! He is in China right now so I can't be with him on either of our birthdays but we are so lucky that we had a chance to do something so amazing. I hope you enjoy our vacation photos and Nick I hope you have a great Birthday, love you!

Nick greeted me when I got off the plane after 14 hours with these great gifts!!!

The first day we walked around allll day and went to downtown Shanghai....everyone carries umbrellas!

Ran up and snuck some photos of this bride and groom! ;)



Shanghai has everything, tall buildings, parks, and water!

One of the temples we went to..




Nick trying out my camera, he did good!

This was probably the coolest park I have ever seen, they had EVERYTHING!



They have all these people dance in this spot, it was sweet!


They had goldfish fishing! ha

I would have loved this when I was little, or now! 

There were these poor kittens in the park so I gave them some water!




On our way to Phuket we got stuck in Malaysia one night in the scariest hotel ever!  

But when we got to our resort in Phuket we were greeting with these pretty flowers, a delicious drink and some towels to wash our hands and faces and they smelled sooo good. 

Nick playing in the ocean

Our resort pretty much had its own beach and this was our view :)


The next day we were going to go on a speedboat to Phi Phi Island. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The crazy thing is that the most beautiful beach in the world is pronounced "pee pee".  This is also where they filmed the movie, The Beach. 

Love these boats!


We also went to Monkey Island, there were monkeys running around everywhere...SO COOL!

Another sweet boat!

Nick representing the local beer!

This pic makes me laugh so hard. Me and NIck being dumb, we are wearing bathing suits under there! ;)



Taking some pics at Katathani...our resort, I loved this wall!


My favorite pic of the birthday boy! 


3 comments:

  1. Nick is so photogenic

    -Jhads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool photos! Everything is so gorgeous, especially love the fakey nakey pics! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb shots Kathy! You've got an amazing talent. We're in the middle of a snowstorm in Harbin right now and these pics really make me want to go to Thailand! -Dtown

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)