7.23.2010

Inspiration

I love being creative and seeing things in a different way.  I love decorating and taking that perfect picture to capture a moment that you can feel forever.  Being a photographer truly makes me happy, I have always wanted to do it but didn't think it was possible.

  I didn't really know if people ever read my blogs but 2 really cool things happened the last couple days.  One of my old managers that I used to work with in Chicago at one of the sweetest highrises downtown (it even had a movie room!) had texted me.  This property was my baby, I had worked there the longest and pretty much rented to most people that lived there.  I have made some lasting friendships just from that property.  ANYWAY, he texted me the other day and said "kathy, you inspired me to rip out my carpet and remodel my apartment!" How cool is that?  Hearing those words were a surreal thing, especially from my old manager!  Now he said he loves the space he is in and he likes being there much better now.  That made me feel really good because it made me realize people do read my blog and I am glad I could put an idea in someones head to make them love where they live and do something new.  

I also got a call from one of my residents where I work now, Village Green of Troy East.  He just called up and I answered and he said he actually called up to talk to me.  I was a little thrown off guard at first but he said he had found me on facebook through one of the girls that used to work there.  He said he looked at my photos and told me great job, and he will definitely call me when he gets married!  He just called the office to tell me that, you cannot even imagine how happy that made me!  

I feel like I have tried so many things and gone down so many paths and now I finally found my place. I try to see the beauty in everything and capture it with my camera.  I truly appreciate everything people have said.  I know I still have a lot of learning to do but it's people comments that make me believe it is possible and know that this is what I want to do in life. Thank you everyone for your sweet words and I am so happy I have so many people that support me!

Here is a picture of some weeds that I think are actually kinda beautiful ;)


PS. I want to say congrats to Jessica and Justin for welcoming their new little one into the world.  I can't wait to meet Chandler! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)