9.17.2010

| 1 Year Ago Today |

1 year ago today my whole life changed.  1 year ago today I graduated from the Aveda Institute Chicago and moved home within the same day.  It was one of the most bittersweet days of my life.  I had graduated an intense program  (which was awesome) BUT, had to leave a place I called home for 3 and a half years and leave all the amazing people I had met.  I remember as my mom drove away I was just looking out the window as the city grew smaller and smaller with tears streaming down my face.  Even though I was sad to say bye to that life I knew, it was what I needed to do to move forward.  To start paying down my dead and start a new adventure...another bonus was to be close to my family and to Nick. If you would have told me a year ago I was going to be doing what I am now, I would not have believed it.  My plan was to come home and get a job at a salon, well things definitely did not go as planned.  The salon I originally wanted to work at kept leaving me hanging and in the meantime I got a job at a restaurant.  I then got extremely sick for about 2 months and decided I needed to be at a job that wasn't as strenuous and with good insurance ( I learned that the hard way), so I decided to go back to Village Green. Shortly after I realized it was possible to pursue my dream.  I started some side jobs but then started getting busier and took a leap of faith and went part time.  It has been such a great decision and I couldn't be happier...I know I did the right thing. Even though sometimes I question things, I mean I spent all that time and MONEY at Aveda and I am not even doing it anymore.  I think it really sucks that I didn't realize I could do this before but I guess, it is what it is.  Even though I enjoyed doing hair and when I was in the environment thought it was what I wanted to do, my heart just isn't in it.  Even though I feel like I should be doing that, I know it is not right. So here I am a year later, knowing I am going in the right direction.  

In a couple months it will be a year since I have started my business.  You will start to see a couple changes with my branding.  As you probably already noticed my blog looks a little different.  I am also working on changing my website up a bit.  I know I told you I hate changes, but I hate them when they are things that I grew up doing.  I do get bored easily with other things. As most of my good friends/family/Nick know I change my hair more than I should, and I have changed my room around at least a 5 times since I have been home.  Well I think it is now time to change it up with my company. I have been working with an amazing "crafter" Kat Brown on my packaging...I can't wait to have the final touches done. And I am also changing up my logo...my umbrella will still be my logo...it is just going to be a new and improved umbrella.  My good friend Erika is helping me out with that, she is awesome! Anyway, my pics are a little random today like my emotions were on that day a year ago. I hope you all are as excited as I am to change things up ;)

It is amazing what kind of inspiration you can get from a mug...  This is a peak  into what's coming :D




Some new boxes I got on sale to get organized to make my new packaging! 

This is a sweet little NickNack I got from camping...and believe me I HATE nicknacks but had to get.  It is on my desk so if I am ever doubting things or 2nd guessing myself I look at it. I am also always smiling about the future! :D

I also have some exciting news to share tomorrow, so get ready!!!!!!  HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)