4.05.2010

Foxy Roxy

SO here is a funny story about my life.  When I was in college I wanted to get a puppy.  I fell in love with a cute little chihuahua and my amazing parents surprized me with him when I came home from Western for Xmas.  He was the cutest little thing with floppy ears.  Well after about a month I realized I definitely did not have time or patience to care for this little guy, I was in school and much less responsible back then;) Turns out my parents took him in, and then my grandparents fell in love with him so now he is there, and don't worry he loves it!

 A couple years later I moved to Chicago, I lived with my best friend Jill the first year but then was going to move out and have my own studio apartment!  I thought that I would be lonely so I was thinking I wanted to get another dog...  I was definitely scared to tell my parents bc they wouldn't think I would take care of this one either, I was just a big joke basically.  Well my awful job back then allowed me to look at puppies all day online and I stumbled across the cutest little thing I have ever seen.  This was the photo that made me first fall in love with Roxy....

























You fell in love too right?  She is SUch a cutie, I HAD to have her.  So I showed Nick and then I basically bought her an hour later (he thought I was crazy).  I was soo terrified to tell my mom.  She ended up visiting me in Chicago that week and I had been telling her how I would be lonely at my new apartment and I showed her this pic and she fell in love too.  Then I broke the news to her and said "actually I already bought her!"  She probably had her doubts but didn't say a word, she was happy for me.  My dad...that is a different story.  He ended up finding out about her from a text I had sent my mom, he ended up reading it and my mom couldn't really cover up that I said "my dog" and that is how he found out!  Anyways, I did keep her and have had her 3 years now and she is the best dog I could ask for.  She is so loving and very smart! She has been with me through very hard times and been my cuddle buddy when I needed someone to hug while I was in Chicago. Here are a couple older pics of her and some pics I took today. Her birthday was actually yesterday but I had to work so I am a day late, better late than never! Love you ROX!

Right after we picked her up...only a pound and a half!








































































































3 Years Old! (with her sis Lex)


































































Her Classic Pose...she licks EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)