12.13.2010

It's finally over.

Yes I graduated from Cosmetology school a little over a year ago and still hadn't taken my State Board exam. I was TERRIFIED!  Illinois is where I went to school and to get a license there you don't have to take a practical, only a written test.  Because of this I wasn't prepared whats so ever! More and more time had gone by, my photography was getting bigger and bigger and to be honest..I didn't want to spend another penny on this career that I know isn't right anymore. I had gotten my hair cut by my good friend Kelly who told me I would regret it if I didn't take my test.  Even though I didn't want to think about it, I knew it would drive me crazy...I am the type of person that if I start something..I have to finish.  I sucked it up and scheduled my test a week later. Thank god my friend Kelly had helped me get prepared for it! When I got to the testing center I was feeling good, I was actually a little excited to do it! Once I got in the room, nerves crept over me and made me rethink all my steps.  Plus the ladies that were watching were not very nice! I came home kinda bummed...thinking I may not have passed and dreading thinking of having to take it over again.

The next day I looked online and saw a PASS next to my name.  I was working alone that day and I was so happy I started jumping up and down and dancing all around haha. That is a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders! I am not done yet though, the rest will be cake...I just have to take the written portion.  I should have done this a long time ago! My manager decided to surprise me with a little treat at work the next day...chocolate is my favorite! Thank you to everyone that wished me good luck and congrats, it means so much!  The lesson here is to not be afraid and let things get so out of hand, procrastiation is the worst! Be safe driving today...happy Monday!



1 comment:

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)