2.04.2010

I'm ready for the light at the end of that dang tunnell!

I know it has been a couple days since I have written but O WELL!!! :)  I will explain the pics below but first I have to tell a funny story, well at the time it wasn't funny but this is what happens in "a not so weird day in Kathy Davies life". 

So yesterday I get up earlier than usual since it snowed the night before and we all know ppl on 696 will freak out if it's cloudy and drive 2 miles an hour.  Anyway, I wake up and hear someone in the bathroom, usually it is me by myself in the morning bc my parents leave for work earlier than I do.  Yes thats right, I said my parents, that's what happens when you live in Chicago for 3 years and want to save money when you finally move back!  So I hear my dad and tell him I need to get in the shower...UGHH he has to take one.  Well once he is done I have about 10 minutes to shower, get dressed and leave (love you dad!).  I am doing pretty good with my time, go outside and remember I have to dust my car off.  Do that, then I am running trying to get out of the freezing cold and into my also very cold car.  On the way in I slip on the snow and fall flat on my side!  I wasn't even able to catch my fall so now I have cuts on my hand, a huge bruise on my side and my body feels like I was beat up.  Now thinking about laying in the driveway it is a little funny but not so much at the time.  So it takes a couple minutes to recover, I get in my car, turn it on, and yup I am on EMPTY.  I live on a backroad so they never salt our streets..so I am going to 12 mile and almost slide into the oncoming traffic!  THANK GOD my car stopped RIGHT in time.  So I go to the gas station, fill up my car and go on the drivers side to get back in and my car door won't open!!!  I parked so close to the pump so I have to squeeze in by my passenger door and once I am in, climb over to the drivers seat (hopefully no one was watching).  Traffic wasn't bad so I have time to get starbucks and once I get to work my area director is waiting there.  I have no makeup on and my hair is all wet and realize later that I have dirt on my side from falling.  So that was my morning yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it and sorry that was such a long story!! :)

Anyway, I finally recieved my transcripts from AVEDA!!!  Wasn't sure if you knew but I went to school to be a cosmetologist as well. While I was living in Chicago I wanted to do something different with my life that was more creative (this was before I knew photography was a realistic thing).  I did love school and I met some amazing people there, who I miss the crap out of now :( I am trying to get this done as soon as I can, it is going slowly but surely... I can now sign up to take my state board tests so hopefully I will be doing that in the next month or two, but I am so nervous!  I am not as nervous about the written exam but the practical I am really nervous about.  You have people staring you down while you perform all these services on a mannican for a couple hours, yikes...no thanks! Once I get my license I will start my assisting program at a salon and build my clientelle for the year.  Hopefully I will be able to move out and get that new Jeep Liberty sometime soon!  If things went my way I would do photography most of the time and do hair 25% of the time and have my own schedule!!  We will see what the future brings :)  But hopefully I can start working on my dreams sooner rather than later!!  I had some fun taking pics of my shears and my diploma, enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. kathy,
    Sorry you had such a crappy day! Your dreams will come true! Just keep believing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and much appreciated ;)